You can still Support a Walker/Team or make a general donation here.
NAMI Walks 2014 Photos
CHANGING MINDS…ONE STEP AT A TIME
WALK DAY SCHEDULE
(Sunday, October 5, 2014 – Soccer Fields at NH Hospital, South Fruit St.)
9:00 am – Registration opens + program begins
9:30 am – Team T-Shirt Contest
10:00 am – Speakers, Walk Information, + Ribbon Cutting
10:30 am – And they’re off! (Walking starts)
Post-Walk – enjoy music, a BBQ lunch with hamburgers + hot dogs (vegetarian options too), face painting, activities, + more.
* The walk is family-friendly + dog-friendly. Walk route is approximately 5K, with a shorter option also available. *
Use the links on the left to navigate through the Walk Web Pages!
We’re so grateful to our NAMIWalks NH sponsors for helping NAMI NH offer education, support & advocacy to over 12,000 NH children, adults and their families affected by mental illness last year. Learn how you can become a 2014 NAMIWalks NH sponsor by clicking here, emailing Kim Murdoch at email@example.com, or calling 603-225-5359.
NAMIWalks NH 2013 was 71 Teams strong – thank you to the following teams! We look forward to seeing you again at NAMIWalks NH 2014…
CENTER FOR LIFE MANAGEMENT
Children's Mental Health Network - NH
Derryfield School Key Club
For the Vets
Grammy Drew's Team
Greater Nashua Mental Health Center
H.E.A.R.T.S. Peer Supporters of Greater Nashua
In Memory of Zak
Kappa Alpha Mu
Kappa Alpha Mu Alumnae
Keely Marie - Do you see? - Team
Label Me Happy
Manchester Homeless Services Center
MAS Medical Staffing
NAMI NH BoardWalkers
NAMI NH Staff + Friends
NH Hospital Freudian Slippers
NHTI Walks With NAMI
Nurses for a Cause
Parents Meeting the Challenge
PASS NG3 walks with NAMI
Phi Theta Kappa
Riverbend Rocks the Walk
RU WITH ME
Sigma Chi at UNH
Sole Sisters and Brothers
Stacy & Christopher Thrall
Team Postpartum Disorders - Speak up when you are down
The Stigma Fighters
The Walking Shrinks
THS Panda Express
UNH Social Work
Upper Valley Stigma Stompers
Walking For Connor
Did you know?
- In NH over next 12 months approximately 254,000 adults will experience one or more diagnosable mental health disorders.
- About 55,000 (1 in 5) children in NH – either currently or at some time in their life - have had a seriously debilitating mental disorder.
- Fewer than 1/3 of adults and 1/2 of children with a diagnosable mental disorder receive any mental health services in a given year.
- 90% of all people who die by suicide have either a mental illness or substance abuse disorder.
WE must raise the public’s awareness of mental illness as a chronic disease and break down the stigma that often causes people with mental illnesses to avoid seeking the treatment, services and supports they need and deserve.
Thank you to everyone who joined us at NAMIWalks NH for thepast 11 years!
Click Here for 2013 Walk Photos
Click Here for 2012 Walk Photos