We Walk not only to raise awareness about mental illness, but also to raise funds. The funds collected from NAMIWalks enables NAMI NH to continue to provide vital programs and resources to residents around the state. This year we hope to increase our overall Walker donations. How can we achieve this? It's simple, by each Walker making a commitment to raise a minimum of $100.
For additional Fundraising Tips and Ideas visit the NAMIWalks Minutes page.
Do you know 10 people? Make a quick list of your family members, friends, co-workers, professionals and peers. By requesting a modest $10 donation from each person on your list, you can easily raise $100 in as little as just 1 day!
Worksheet ~ Create a list of 45 contacts in just 5 minutes!
How to raise $500.00 in 7 Days!
|Sponsor yourself first
|Ask 5 family members to sponsor you for $20.00 each
|Ask 5 co-workers to sponsor you for $15.00 each
|Ask 5 friends to contribute $20.00 each
|Ask 5 neighbors to sponsor you for $15.00 each
|Ask your boss for a company contribution
|Ask 3 businesses you frequent to donate $25.00 each
Total - $500.00
- Set a fundraising goal; if you can “see” it, you can achieve it!
- Do not think of fundraising as asking for money. You are asking as an advocate for those in need.
- Ask, Ask, Ask! Every dollar is important, so ask folks to give what they can.
- Do not discount anyone, just because your friends, co-workers or neighbors have not told you about their experience with mental illness doesn’t mean they haven’t had one.
- Send a personal letter to everyone you know. In your letter, include information about your fundraising goal and why it's important to you. Sample Letters
- Send an email request to your entire address book; provide your Team or individual Walker web page link so they can just click to donate.
- Place a contribution can on your desk at work.
- Ask your employer to donate the money raised from a dress down day, to NAMI NH. Ask us for more information about this!
- Record a message on your answering machine that lets everyone know you are walking and need support.
- Ask businesses that you frequent to be a Walk Sponsor. They will receive special recognition. Download the NAMIWalks Sponsor Brochure – or contact Win Saltmarsh via Email for more information.
- Print up inexpensive business cards on your own computer. Include the name and date of the WALK, your contact information, fundraising goal and your Walker Webpage address – so they can make an on-line donation. Hand them out to everyone you meet.
- Consider having a fundraising event at your home or at a local venue for your entire Team. Ask us for more information about this!
- Ask your employer to sponsor you or match the funds you raise.