Side by Side ~ A program promoting mental health for older adults, their familes, and caregivers.
Providing care for an older adult can present many challenges. Caregivers - be they family, friends, or paid staff - face many complexities regarding physical and mental health. Caregivers can become more successful if they understand these issues and know what to do.
The relationship between physical and mental health impacts medical conditions and vice-versa. Side-by-Side addresses the variety of issues that can be challenging to older adults and their caregivers.
Side by Side for Independent Living provides practical and vital information for caregivers in a series of six two-hour workshops that are free to participants and offered in different communities throughout New Hampshire.
- Meeting Caregiver Needs: Supports for the Support Person
- Managing Medical Care
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety in Older Adults
- Where Did I Put My Keys? Understanding Dementia
- Coping with Changing and Challenging Behaviors
- Legal Issues: Who Makes the Decisions and When?