The articles below describe some of the very latest evidence-based research on mental health diagnoses and treatments.
This page is under construction, with new information on other treatments and diagnoses to come soon. Please be aware that NAMI NH is providing this information as a general resource. NAMI NH does not endorse any particular treatment.
Clinical Trials ~ information on and links to various clinical trials
An overview of many mental health conditions, including treatment information and support options, is available from nami.org.
- Motive-oriented therapeutic relationship (MOTR) therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Treatment Research
- Psychological therapies for borderline personality disorder
- Off Label Use of Suboxone for Treatment Resistant Depression
- Folate 5-MTHF Vitamins for Depression: Lesser-Known Form of Folate Treats Drug-Resistant Depression
- L-Methylfolate as Adjunctive Therapy for SSRI-ResistantMajor Depression
- Adjunctive Nutraceuticals for Depression
- Antidepressants and sexual dysfunction
- Fighting Depression: Ketamine Metabolite May Offer Benefits Without the Risks
- Ketamine Lifts Depression via a Byproduct of its Metabolism
- NIMH Director’s Blog: Ketamine
- Intranasal Drug Delivery in Neuropsychiatry: Focus on Intranasal Ketamine for Refractory Depression
- Intranasal ketamine shows rapid effects in depression study
- Serial infusions of low-dose ketamine for major depression
- Route of Administration: Critical to Achieving Relief
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder: An Overview of Assessment and Treatment Approaches
- Online automated questionnaire to help assess for SAD pattern
- Online automated questionaire to help you determine what time of day to start using a light box.
- Light therapy for Non Seasonal Major Depressive Disorder?
- Light May Work on Non Seasonal Depression, Study Finds
- The Norweignian Town Where the Sun Doesn't Rise
The impact of substance abuse on treatment for schizophrenia:
- Substance Misuse in First-Episode Psychosis
- Treatment of patients with schizophrenia and substance abuse disorders
- Dual diagnosis of substance abuse in schizophrenia: prevalence and impact on outcomes
The relationship between marijuana and schizophrenia:
- Pot Can Trigger Psychotic Symptoms For Some, But Do The Effects Last?
- Is there a link between marijuana use and psychiatric disorders?
- The link between weed and schizophrenia is way more complicated than we thought
The role of infection and inflammation in schizophrenia:
- Maternal infection during pregnancy and schizophrenia
- The role of inflammation in schizophrenia
- Immunology of schizophrenia
Psychosocial treatments for schizophrenia
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Schizophrenia
- What is Cognitive Enhancement Therapy?
- The 2009 Schizophrenia PORT Psychosocial Treatment Recommendations and Summary Statements
Nutrition and Mental Health