NAMI NH/Connect has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy and security. The following discloses our information collection and use practices for the following websites: www.naminh.org and www.TheConnectProgram.org.
Effective Date: January 1, 2010
- NAMI NH/Connect does not collect personally-identifiable information about you other than what you freely share. We do log the Internet IP address of every computer that visits our site as part of our normal site usage tracking.
- NAMI NH/Connect does not disclose, give, sell or transfer any personal information about our visitors, unless required for law enforcement or by statute, to any outside organizations.
- You have the option of entering personally-identifiable information about yourself as you interact with the website, including name, address, email address, demographic information, etc. NAMI NH/Connect uses the information to help us understand who our site users are and how we may better target and tailor our services.
- NAMI NH/Connect does not share any of your personally-identifiable information outside the NAMI NH/Connect organization.
- You retain full control over all information you share about yourself, and may remove or request removal of this information at any time.
- You retain full control over what types of email communication you receive from NAMI NH/Connect, and may opt to discontinue email correspondence at any time.
- NAMI NH/Connect uses generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us.
- The personal information we collect, how we collect it and how it is used
- How we use the information we collect
- What information we share and with whom
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Contact us
The personal information we collect, how we collect it and how it is used:
The NAMI NH/Connect website does not collect any personally-identifiable information about our site visitors, other than information that visitors freely enter.
The one exception to this is that, like most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, computer operating system, web browser type (Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc.), Internet service provider, referring/exiting pages, date/time stamp, and clickstream data (i.e., which pages are visited, page load times, error messages, etc.). These log files are stored indefinitely and are analyzed to help us understand how our site is being used.
This information in and of itself is not sufficient to identify site visitors in any personal way. However, in the event that you experience difficulty using our website, we may use your IP address in connection with your personal information to perform troubleshooting. Also, in the event that criminal behavior is suspected, NAMI NH/Connect may provide this information to law enforcement, who could potentially trace it back to you through your Internet service provider.
Website visitors have the opportunity to join NAMI NH online. When joining NAMI NH, you must provide your credit card number through our secure payment processor, which is used to pay the cost of a one-year membership.
Your contact information is then forwarded to NAMI NH, where it is entered into our membership database. You will then be added to the postal mailing lists of NAMI NH/Connect. Your contact information will not be shared outside the NAMI NH/Connect organization.
If you make a donation online through our website, you are required to enter personal contact information and credit card information through our secure payment processor. We use this information to process your donation and send you a confirmation receipt.
We also add you to our donor database, from which you may receive periodic fundraising appeals via postal mail or email.
If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (603) 225-5359 or at the address below.
How we use the information we collect:
NAMI NH/Connect does not share any personally-identifiable information about you with anyone outside of NAMI NH/Connect. The information we collect is used internally to help us serve you better. You have the option to update, revise or have deleted any personal information you have shared with NAMI NH/Connect. For specific information about how information is used, please see the section above.
Communications from the site:
We will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request and to confirm the actions you have taken (online transactions, etc.). We will communicate with you via email, or we may communicate with you via telephone or postal mail if we cannot reach you via email.
General announcements and promotions:
We may occasionally send you information on special events, news or opportunities. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications.
If you subscribe to one of our eNewsletters, we will use your name and email address to send it to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option to unsubscribe. To unsubscribe, please use the link located at the bottom of such eNewsletters.
Please contact NAMI NH/Connect directly if you wish to be removed from any postal mailing lists.
85 North State Street
Concord, NH 03301
What information we share and with whom:
Personally-identifiable information that you provide NAMI NH/Connect will only be used internally by NAMI NH/Connect and may be shared among the local NH affiliates. This includes your name, address, phone number, email address, information preferences and demographic information. Local affiliate NAMIs are expected to adhere to these same privacy practices. However, NAMI NH/Connect is unable to guarantee the privacy of your information at the state or local level.
In the course of providing our services, NAMI NH/Connect relies on certain trusted business partners to perform certain tasks, such as handling mass mailings, delivering e-communications, processing payments, etc. This involves transferring information about you in paper or electronic form. NAMI NH/Connect makes every effort to ensure the trustworthiness and best business practices of these partners. These agents and third parties are prohibited from using your personally-identifiable information for any other purpose.
Links to other sites:
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by NAMI NH/Connect. Please be aware that we, NAMI NH/Connect, are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally-identifiable information.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally-identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and /or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
Changes to this Privacy Statement:
85 North State Street
Concord, NH 03301