Side by Side workshops provide practical and helpful information on critical topics for those caring for older adults. The goal is to help participants better understand and support their loved ones and cope with issues related to aging.
These workshops empower caregivers and help them feel more comfortable in their role. Caregivers include family members or close friends, whether or not they reside with the older adult, as well as paraprofessionals.
Side by Side can be provided in three formats:
Train-the-Trainer. A three-day program to prepare geriatric care professionals to deliver the six two-hour Side-by-Side educational workshops.
- Meeting Caregiver Needs: Supports for the Support Person
- Managing Medical Care
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety in Older Adults
- Where Did I Put My Keys? Understanding Dementia
- Coping with Changing and Challenging Behaviors
- Legal Issues: Who Makes the Decisions and When?
Day long workshops provided by a NAMI NH facilitator. Includes the topics provided in the six two-hour workshops above.
- “Setting the Stage for Caregiving”
- “Understanding Mental Health Concerns of Older Adults: Tips and Strategies”
New Hampshire or adjacent states – Six two-hour Side by Side educational workshops (see Train-the-Trainer above).
To schedule a workshop, contact firstname.lastname@example.org