Supporting Military and Veteran Families
NAMI New Hampshire is a grassroots organization working to improve the lives of all people affected by mental illness and suicide through support, education and advocacy.
Online Support Group – NH Veterans and Military Families Supporting Each Other is facilitated by a NAMI NH staff member and military spouse. This is a closed private Facebook group where folks can share ideas, information and resources. You can join simply by searching the group name in Facebook and submitting a request to join along with answering a few screening questions.
One-on-One Support – One-on-One support is also available, to learn more, please contact Kimberly Somarriba at email@example.com or 603-568-5780.
NAMI Homefront is a free, 6-session online educational program for families, caregivers and friends of military service members and vets with mental health conditions.
Based on the nationally recognized NAMI Family-to-Family program, NAMI Homefront is designed to address the unique needs of family, caregivers and friends of those who have served or are currently serving our country. The program is taught by trained family members of service members/veterans living with mental health conditions.
NAMI Homefront teaches you how to:
- Manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively.
- Learn to care for yourself, including managing your stress.
- Develop the confidence and stamina to support your family member with compassion.
- Identify and access federal, state and local services.
- Stay informed on the latest research and information on mental health, including post-traumatic stress disorder and substance abuse.
- Understand current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects.
- Navigate the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on the entire family.
To learn more about these, and other supports and resources, please contact:
Kimberly Somarriba, Military and Family Support Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | 603-568-5780