In January of each year, NAMI NH seeks nominees for our Annual Awards (see categories below). Individuals nominated are those who have made outstanding contributions to improving the lives of people affected by mental illness and suicide. These awards are presented at the NAMI NH Annual Conference.
Nominations may be for an individual, group or organization that goes above and beyond for those affected by mental illness and suicide. These awards honor exemplary people – those who take more risk, work harder, are more caring and thoughtful, and give more of themselves for families and those with mental illness. Professional nominees must be a current practitioner in the field for which they are being nominated. You may nominate more than one person, and you may nominate someone who was nominated previously but not selected. Past winners may be nominated again five years after their award (a link to previous winners is at the bottom of this page). Contact information for both you and the nominee MUST be included. The number of nominations an individual receives will not affect the voting process or outcome; nomination “campaigns” are discouraged. Nominees will be voted upon based on the written nomination only.
The Annual Awards Committee determines the recipients of these awards. Award recipients are determined SOLELY on the content of the written nominations, which must be limited to 250 words (approximately one paragraph).
Thank you for helping us to recognize and celebrate wonderful people!
2020 Award Categories
Not sure which category to choose? Just select your best guess; our volunteer Annual Awards Committee will decide which category is best suited once they have read over all of the nominations.
- Peer Support – These individuals willingly share their experiences with mental illness in support of others traveling a similar path, providing much-needed information, empathy, and hope for recovery.
- Unsung Hero – Who’s flying under the radar, not yet receiving recognition for their significant contributions? Perhaps a neighbor who has helped to create a supportive environment for a family struggling with mental illness. What about your child’s guidance counselor, a local support group leader, or your primary care provider? A professor, religious leader, or mentor? A business owner or town leader? Think outside the box, and shine a light on someone doing exceptional work.
- NAMI NH Volunteer of the Year – NAMI NH has so many wonderful volunteers helping with everything from NAMIWalks NH and organizing training materials, to teaching Family-to-Family classes and running support groups.
- Legislator of the Year – We have 424 NH legislators and 4 US legislators. Who is advocating for mental health in our legislature?
- Mental Health Professional – “Examples include therapists, psychiatrists, administrators and case managers.
- Educator – Do you know a stigma-stomping teacher? Who is teaching the importance of mental health for all and spreading hope to future generations? Examples include professors, teachers, or a nonacademic role such as a trainer.
- Law Enforcement – Examples include police officers, sheriffs, probation officers, judges and attorneys.
- Media – Examples include individuals or organizations working in all forms of media – television, print, radio or the internet, including blogs.
Vote for your Mental Health Hero!
Submit a nomination: (3 ways to submit)