NAMI New Hampshire is looking for individuals interested in becoming volunteer Support Group Facilitators for Family and Parent Support Groups. Facilitators are family members or direct caregivers of individuals living with mental illness. They create a safe and supportive environment where participants can learn and build hope through the sharing of lived experiences. They play an essential role in ensuring that all support group participants feel welcomed and that their voices are heard.
- Attend at least 2 sessions of NAMI NH support groups as a participant. Find a group: www.NAMINH.org/support-groups
- Have lived experience with a loved one (family member,significant other, friend) with mental health challenges.
- Possess strong listening skills and an empathetic disposition.
- Experience with Zoom, preferred.
- Recommendation from a Support Group Leader or Family-to-Family/Basics education program leader, preferred.
- Meet with the trainer as part of the registration process.
- Upon completion of the training, pass a background check.
Fill out a volunteer application at www.NAMINH.org/volunteer